We create challenging live team adventure games for ER start-up and established businesses.
Our games always provide multiple challenges:
- pull the story together,
- solve the mystery,
- and of course, escape.
Our games embrace
- the murder mystery genre,
- the interactive performance theatre ambience,
- the puzzle games and
- the classical escape game experiences.
We operate The Room in Glasgow, Scotland, our games are played there by thousands of customers.
- are tested & approved by thousands of customers.
We run the largest single-room game in the UK (90 minutes, 18 players) plus 5 games for teams of 2 to 10.
- have multiple objectives and modular structures.
The games are completely different both in storyline and activity content.
- provide adjustable game moderation methods.
We can adjust the level and means of process controls to your needs and wants.
- have selectable level of game complexity and structure.
We design linear and multiple-stream games, simple & easy to hard & complex.
- are unique.
We create our games ourselves, your customers will not have a “deja vu” feeling.
- are at ptimum cost and independence.
No monthly fees or hidden charges. Once purchased, you market the game under your own branding.
- do not self-competing
We sell the game only once per city + customer catchment.
- Detailed game documentation:
- Storyline, contextual information
- Game script, flow with timing
- Room layout plan
- Property and installation list with photos
- Purchase guide with useful links
- Printable clues and files
- Media files electronically
- Codes, settings & solutions
- Drawing of special items
- Room setting guide with photos
- Moderator guide
- Room resetting guide with photos
- Hints and tips for running the game
- 1 hr Skype consultation
In addition to BASIC package:
- Master pack of tools and special small properties, such as (game specific):
- Padlocks, locks, locked boxes or compartments
- magnets, cards, special pens, essential accessories
- other handheld items and small objects
- Unlimited right to use video trailer
- Moderator training in our venue
In addition to MEDIUM package:
- Manufacturing and despatch of purpose-built installation items (shipping cost excluded)
- Room installation coordination by our expert at your location
- Game test run and finetuning at your location
- Moderator training at your location
*travel and accommodation costs of our staff are extra charges
spy roomPlayers are agents, tasked to sneak into the office of a rich businessman, suspected of financing criminals. The objectives are: find evidence, establish motives, find the key to exit the room. The 60-minute game’s structure is mostly linear with parallel activities, storyline clues are combined with task challenges. Run successfully by teams of 2 to 8 members, 750+ times.
identity roomPlayers are to investigate the case of a missing person. The objectives are to identify who the missing person is, to establish the person’s story, and define where he is.
The 60-minute game requires deductive thinking and association skills as well as logic and analysis. The story and task challenges have equal weight, with an unexpected twist at the end much endorsed by customers. Highly interactive game moderation, good for teams of 2 to 6. Played 650+ times.
mystery roomPlayers are detectives ready to handle “paranormal” aspects of a murder case of a fortuneteller. The objectives are to find out who killed the oracle, to establish the motives, and to find the way out. The 60-minute game has an atmospheric scene, a sensory experience as players must use all their senses except tasting. Tasks and riddles are predominantly themed around star signs, chakra signs, oriental references. Played 350+ times by teams of 2 to 5 players.
mansion roomPlayers are lost tourists trapped in an abandoned mansion house. The objectives are to find out the mystery of the mansion i.e. to establish the multi-character fiction story, to find the secret treasure in the mansion, and to get themselves free.
The 90-minute game is multi-streamed, designed for large teams (8-18 players), with a number of purpose built equipments and installations. Requires a cca. 45 m2 playing space, and game moderator(s) in the room with the playing team. The combination of puzzles and tasks are an ideal playground also for corporate team building events. Played by large teams more than 400 times since introduced.
party roomYoung players are special agents tasked to recover the invaluable treasure stolen from the national museum. The objectives are to find the stolen treasure, establish who the thief is, and free themselves from the room.
The 90-minute game is multi-streamed, designed for larger teams (8-14 players), with a number of purpose built equipments and installations. Requires cca. 45 m2 playing space and in-room moderation. Both the story line and the tasks are great for age 10 and above (keeps this age group fully interested and involved for the full duration), a favorite program for birthday parties. Played by more than 100 parties.
Process & guarantees
Before we start our cooperation:
- You will secure the venue for your business, if you launch a start-up, or
- You identify the room where you want your new game to be set up.
- You will need a scaled floor plan, and some photos of the venue/room.
- Contact us by e-mail to discuss details before you decide on a game.
We will discuss with you all the necessary details, either on Skype or FaceTime, of course free of any charges.
Once we agreed and signed the contract, you will let us have the floor plan and photos. We then progress according to the mechanics and content of the package you purchased from us.
We guarantee that
- we sell a game only once to a defined geography.
- we keep agreed deadlines and honor our commitments in full.
- we deliver exactly what we agreed we would.
- you get full transparency of costs and charges, no hidden small prints.
- we provide quality products and quality services.
Frequently asked questions
- What exactly am I buying?
- Can I amend my choice of package once we agreed on a deal?
- Do packages contain all costs and charges?
- Are there any deals if I buy 2 or more games from you?
- What is the price if I want to operate the same game in two or more rooms at the same location?
- Can I sell the game once I finished operating it?
- What happens when we move location?
- Are there any discounts for returning customers?
- Do you offer cooperation or services other than those on your website?
- What to do if a game I bought from you fails to attract customers, or does not generate sales up to my expectations?
- What advice can you give about finding the right venue for my business?
You buy the right to run a game in one defined location. This means that you are not allowed to resell, or run it in a different location. So if you have two venues in two different cities, then you need to buy the right to run the game at multiple locations. Second location fees are discounted, exact details are to be discussed.
You can always upgrade, however then we might need to amend timings as well. There is no option to downgrade.
Basic and Medium packages contain all costs and charges. Should you go for the Premium package, certain charges come on top of agreed ones, i.e. travel and accommodation of our crew, etc. The type of costs however are all indicated in the package descriptions.
We may offer a promotional price in case of a multiple purchase, depending on the content of the deal. As a principle, buying two or more Basic packages would not qualify for a discount. When buying two or more games where on-site works are included, there is definitely a cost advantage, as you would incur certain costs only once.
For one defined location you only pay for the game once, i.e. one package. Then you may install the same game in as many rooms as you want, provided these are all in the same geography, or even venue.
No, you may not sell it to any third parties, unless you sell your whole business which includes the game. In that case the new owner of your business will be bound by the same terms and conditions of our original agreement. Right to sell our games stays with us.
We guarantee geographic exclusivity of our games to protect our partners’ interest. So if you relocate your business within the originally contracted geography, you may do it without any restrictions. Should you wish to move to a different geography, you need to advise us to discuss options. If at your new geography our game is already run, you will not be permitted to relocate the game there. If there is no such game sold to your new geography, we will amend our agreement to incorporate the change, against an amendment fee (33% of original transaction price in case of Basic and Medium Packages, and 25% in case of Premium Package).
There may well be, however it is subject to discussion, based on purchase history.
Get in contact with us and let us know what you need. We are ready to consider specific cooperation and delivery against your needs.
After purchase there is no refund or replacement available. A few useful hints to make your investment worthwhile: It is important to understand your target customers before you purchase or design a game for them. There is always a risk in trying to sell excellent products to customers who do not need them, or want something different. A game can be very highly successful in one geography, and only moderately successful somewhere else. However, with games having a good flow, smart and entertaining puzzles and challenges and a universally interesting storyline, the risk is minimal. Our games satisfy all these criteria, and you may also buy testing and adaptation to your specific conditions, including training of your moderators. Also, often success is not primarily dependent on the product (i.e. the game) but on its marketing, which is entirely your scope of influence and authority.
On request we can send you a list of hints and tips for selecting the location and property for venue. However, this list is only the summary of our experience, not the absolute truth.
To get in touch with us via our website, please fill in the boxes and click on “send”.
Alternatively, please send us an email with a brief summary of your interest to email@example.com, and we will contact you within 24 hrs.